Welcome to the Bike- and Cycling- Paradise!
Experience bikeCyprus-Radsport-Center at Columbia Beach Resort at Pissouri Bay again after the constrution work from beginn of September 2017!
Enjoy Sport-, Fun- and Family-Activities on the Beach, in Canyons or on Mountains, spiced up by Cyprus sun!
The professional cycling center, is under the direction of the 2 times former Swiss cycling champion Thomas Wegmüller and offers since fall 2011, its mechanical-, guiding- and rental-services, within the complex of the Columbia Beach Resort***** at Pissouri Bay on the south west coast of Cyprus! http://www.columbiaresort.com/en-gb/cycling
Destination east Lemesos
Due to the renovation at Columbia Beach Resort and Hotel, we have moved the bikeCyprus-Radsport-Center to St.Raphael Resort on the Pyrgos Beach about 12km east of Lemesos Centre! We operate from February until June 2017 from the nice St.Raphael Resort! Flyer St.Raphael Resort
After his remarkable carrier as professional cyclist (1987-1994), with legendary wins and podium places at World Cup, Classic races and Championships, Thomas started as pioneer in 1994 with VeloferienZypern.com and later with bikeCyprus.com (both powered by SportServiceTW Ltd.) offering Cycling holiday services in Cyprus. Thomas is licensed Swiss-Cycling Guide and bikeCyprus is official Swiss-Cycling Partner Station for guiding and school.
Thomas’s Cycling career
Thomas did more than 1000 races and he was paced on podiums over 100 times, from 1985 until 1993 he was member of the Swiss Cycling-Nationalteam and participated 9 times in the World Championships. In 1990, he won the “Grand Prix des Nations”, which was at this time the former Championship of the best time trialist, also he was voted Swiss-Cyclist of the Year. In 1988, Paris-Roubaix Classic, he finished second, due to a plastic bag, which jammed his derailleur 800m before the final sprint with Dirk Demol. Also in 1992 he finished second behind Jacky Durand, after an extrem long brake away of more that 200km, in the Tour de Flandres Classic!
Radsport-Center Services, Sport-Package performance and prices: (Kids up to 12 years 40%Discount)
Guided Tours, Tour guiding, Events, Assistance, Bicycle Service and repairs, Bicycle rentals and Shuttle transports!
- Seasonal Working periods: (February-Mid June at St.Raphael Resort and from Mid September 2017-Mid January 2018 again at Columbia Beach Resort)
- Opening hours: by appointment at bikeCyprus-Hotline 00357-99 666200
- Inquiry and Reservations: thomas@bikeCyprus.ch or at the Reception, latest the day before until 6pm or at bikeCyprus-Hotline 00357-99 666200
- Informations we need: Date and periode, Hotelname (room nr.) requested Pick up time, Names with Persons body height, pedal-system, contact mobil/sms so we can get back to you with confirmation and pick up appointment time.
- Guided weekly Basic-Package with rental bike: 1 Week-Program incl. 6 days use of Standard rental bike and 3 Tour guidings at EUR250; Add. rental days EUR20; Add. guided Tours EUR20 (by min. 4 participants); Add. Shuttle Transport cost will be split under the participants.
- Non guided weekly Basic-Package with rental bike: 1 Week-Program incl. 6 days use of Standard rental bike, non guided Tours, with route tips and maps for EUR180; Add. Rental days EUR20; Add. Shuttle Transport cost will be split under the participants.
- Guided weekly Basic-Package on your own bike: 1 Week-Program incl. 3 guided Tours, by riding your own bike for EUR150; Add. Days EUR5; Add. guided Tours EUR20 ( by min.4 participants); Add. Shuttle Transport cost will be split under the participants.
- Non guided weekly Basic-Package on your own bike: 1 Week-Program non guided Tours, by riding your own bike, incl. use of bikeCyprus-Radsport-Center facilities at EUR80; Add. Days EUR5; Add. Shuttle Transport cost will be split under the participants.
- Guided 1 Day Excursion/Tour on rental bike: 1 Day use of Standard rental bike on guided Tour EUR60 (it’s a special offer for Hotel guests); Add. Shuttle Transport cost will be split under the participants. Private Tours on request!
- Non guided 1 Day on Standard rental bike: 1 Day use of Standard rental bike EUR30; (reservation by availability on the spot, max. 1 Week before arrival possible!)
- Guided 1 Day Tour on your own bike: 1 Day Tour guiding on your own bike EUR35 (by min. 4 participants); Add. Shuttle Transport cost will be split under the participants. Private Tours on request!
Example BikeExcursion/BikeTour programs: (on Mountain bikes)
Join in and discover the nature in the beautiful surrounding areas of Pissouri, combine your holidays with one or more BikeExcursion (easy riding and fitness Level 1, ideal for beginner, experienced family or Incentive Bicyclists), BikeFunTour (medium riding and fitness Level 1-2, ideal for intermediate pleasure-loving Mountain bikers), BikeSportTour (sportive riding and fitness Level 2-4, ideal for sport and competitive Mountain bike riders).
You can experience riding or testing top quality BMC-Mountain bikes, at fun and pleasure Tours. All Tours are tailored to the present guests “riding ability/fitness level” by experienced bikeCyprusTeam guides, taking into consideration the local weather conditions and season. Tour starts in the morning (Day Tours), afternoon (Sunset Tours) or given time by appointment.
- Turtle Beach Tour (from Pissouri): Avdimou-Paramali Beach and Citrus plantation area, 30-40km, easy, wavy (beginners and families)
- Pissouri Valley Tour (from Pissouri): Pissouri Valley area, 10-20km, easy-medium, wavy (beginners and families)
- Melanda Tour (from Pissouri): Melanda Beach and Hills area, 30km, easy-medium, hilly (intermediate)
- Kristal Rocks Tour (from Pissouri): Alektora Hills and Trails area, 30-40km, medium, hilly (intermediate)
- Canyons Tour (from Pissouri): Paramali -Avdimou Hills and Trails area, 40km, sportive, hilly (advanced sporty)
- Aphrodite Pass and Rock Tour (from Pissouri/ or Shuttle Tour from Lemesos): Aphrodite Hills and Trails area, 40km, medium, hilly (intermediate)
- Wine villages and Olive mill Tour (from Pissouri/ or Shuttle Tour from Lemesos): Pachna-Oleastro-Alektora area, 25-55km, easy to medium, with shuttle transport possibility up to Pachna or Alektora! (beginners-incentives or advanced sporty)
- Akamas-Bananas Tour (from Pissouri/Lemesos): Akamas nature reserve, turtle beaches and Banana plantations 30-40km, medium to sportive, Coast, Sand and Hills (beginners-incentives or intermediate to sporty), shuttle transport to Coral or Akamas area needed!
- Troodos Trails Tour (from Pissouri/Lemesos): Troodos-Atalante-South Face Trails and Forest tracks, 30-60km, medium to sportive, Mountains Rocks and descents (intermediate to advanced sporty), shuttle transport to Troodos or Platres area needed!
- White Rocks and Villages Tour (from Lemesos): Through the white villages to the white rocks around Agios Alamanos Beach 30-40km easy to medium
- Kyperisha Mountain and Forest (from Lemesos): Forest and mountain tracks and trails arround Paraklisha area, 25-30km easy to medium
- Kellaki Epilas Mountains (from Lemesos): Panoramic Tour in the Kellaki Sanida area, medium 30-40km
- Eloros Kakaomali Forest 0-1001m Challange (from Lemesos): from the sea up to 1001m and back on tracks and trails, sportive 40-50km
- Saltlake Flamingo Tour (from Lemesos): in the Saltlake and Akrotiri area, easy to medium tour 25-40km
- This are just some example of our Tours, our guide Team will match the tours to the ability of the participating guests and changes can happen also because of the weather situations!
Rental bike Types:
Road racing bikes:
- Standard ALU-Shimano105: BMC-Granfondo GF02 Compact 50/34, 11-32
- Carbon Shimano 105: BMC Teammachine SLR03 Compact 50/34; KRAFT SH105 Triple Add. charge per day EUR5
- Standard ALU-Hardtail: Bordmann front suspension 100mm
- Full suspension: BMC-Speedfox SF02 SH-SLX, front and back air suspension 120mm Add. Charge per day EUR5, only rented together with guided tours!
- -Standard ALU-Kids bike: Divers models, for body heights from 120cm and bigger; Kids bikes will be only rented for guided tours or together with parents.
Insurance and liability:
There are no insurance terms include in our prizes, everybody has to insure himself preferable at home before travel to Cyprus. Every participant is self responsible for all damage made.
If you already have an account you can login here.